Lecco, Italy, G.B. Mangioni Hospital, course of Cochlear Implant - 14th / 17th November 2018
Four days course are designed to present and teach all essential operative procedures in surgery for implantable hearing devices. An important theoretical-practical course on cochlear implants will be organized by the consultant of department of otorhinolaryngology Gianfranco Niedda M.D.
In adults with hearing loss and severe bilateral hypacusia the implant is seen as an important achievement. Today the indications have widened to the serious unilateral hypoacusies and also to selected cases of Menière's disease.
NAIDA cochlear implant - part to be implanted
On the right the electrode to be inserted into the cochlea
The course will be held at the G.B. Mangioni Hospital, via Leonardo da Vinci, 49 - Lecco. The organizing secretary is: ADB EVENTS & CONGRESSES tel. 0510959160. GVM Campus ECM Provider (Provider No. 6028). Accredited professional disciplines: Surgeon (specialist in Otolaryngology, Anesthesia and Reanimation). Medical Radiology Medical Technician. Technical Audiometrist, Technical Audioproteist, Professional Nurse. Registration for the course must be done by November 9th 2018.
The course program is complete and particularly interesting.
- History of the cochlear implant.
- How it's made and how the cochlear implant works.
- Anatomy and physiology of the auditory system
- Technical presentation of the cochlear implant.
- The spread of deafness in adult patients.
- Audiological diagnostic criteria.
- The role of radiology in the preparation of the patient at the cochlear implant.
- Auditory neuropathy.
- The traditional hearing aid: limits and benefits.
- Indications and selection criteria for adult patients: monolateral cochlear implant; cochlear implant and hearing aid; bilateral cochlear implant.
- bimodal stimulation: first results of a muticentric study.
- Surgical technique of the cochlear implant.
- Surgical technique of cochlear implant when abnormal ossifications and malformations are present.
- Peri- and post-surgical electrophysiological examinations.
- Post-operative radiological investigations.
- Hearing recovery and vestibular rehabilitation
Ear CT scan. From left to right the external auditory canal, the middle ear and then the cochlea.
Lake Como, city of Lecco. In the middle of the picture the G.B. Mangioni Hospital
Read this articles: